Flipboard is a popular application which is only available currently for smartphones running OS like Android and iOS. Unfortunately, the developers didn’t think of providing Flipboard for PC but since a lot of people use the application on daily basis and if you like to stay updated with all the latest resources and tech news then you should also use the application. For the reason, we are going to show you this simple guide on how you can download and install Flipboard for PC and you can even install it if you have a Mac.
Flipboard is a popular RSS feed service, a personal magazine that brings in the best tech news and updates from a variety of top sites in the world. You can easily download the application on your smartphone, create an account and choose the best websites that you want to read everyday.
But since the application is only available for smartphones and tablets running Android and iOS and there is no official client to download it for computer, we thought of sharing a simple way to download Flipboard for PC and Mac using an app player. So let’s get started with the tutorial and if you find any difficulty then do share it with us.
Steps to Download Flipboard for PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7)
Since we don’t have a version of the application that is supported by computers, we are going to use an app player to install the application.
In this case, we are going to use BlueStacks app player to download the app on your computer. BlueStacks is basically an Android emulator software which creates a suitable environment on your computer for the applications to run easily.
So the first thing you need to do is download BlueStacks for PC and then install the app player on your computer. Once you have downloaded and installed it on your computer, you need to follow the steps below to get Flipboard on computer.
- Open BlueStacks and you will see a search box on the dashboard.
- Type in “Flipboard” in the search box and hit the Find button.
- You will see some search results and the first one would be Flipboard app.
- When you click on the Flipboard app, you will see different app stores like Amazon Appstore and Google Play Store from where you can download the application.
- Click on the Google Play Store and the application will start downloading on your PC.
- When the download process is complete, the application will now install on your computer.
By following the above steps, you will be able to install Flipboard on your computer. Once installed, you need to launch Flipboard by going to the “My Apps” tab or under the dashboard and click on the Flipboard app icon and the app will launch on your computer.
Then you just need to set it up by creating your account and choosing the websites and interests and you are all done. You have successfully installed Flipboard on your computer running Windows 7, XP and Vista.
Download Flipboard for PC (Windows 8)
If you have Windows 8 installed on your computer then you don’t need to follow the above steps because an official app for Windows 8 has already been launched and you can download the app from the link below.
Download Flipboard for Windows 8
If your computer runs on Windows OS then these are the only methods that you need to use. An official app is available for Windows 8 but if you use Windows 7, XP or Vista then you can use BlueStacks to download the app on your PC.
Steps to Download Flipboard on Mac:
- If you have Mac then also you can download Flipboard easily. You are going to follow the same steps that we followed above.
- First of all you need to download BlueStacks and install it on your computer.
- Then you need to launch BlueStacks and type in “Flipboard” in the search box and from the search results, click on the Flipboard result and choose one of the app stores to proceed further.
- Now the download process of the app will begin and once it is completed, the app will be installed.
That’s all you need to do! You have successfully installed Flipboard on your Mac and now you need to launch the app, create an account and select the best sites and interests and you are all set.
I hope that you liked the simple ways to download Flipboard for PC and Mac and if you find any problems in following the steps then please mention it below. However if you liked the article then thank us be sharing it on social media.