These days, it isn’t as essential to own a printer as it once was. Back in the day, you had to have a printer on hand if you were serious about sharing information with others. Today you always have your cellular device on your person at all times, so showing off a particular document is rarely a problem. However, there are still those infrequent instances in which it is necessary to actually print a particular document – and these days, when so few people have a computer hooked up to a printer, that can be a challenge!
But did you know that Android cell phone telephones are able to send a document to a printer, as well? It’s true! And unlike your old desktop computer, your cell phone telephone is small enough to fit in your pocket for extreme portability.
That being said, at first it may seem a bit confusing to print something from your Android device. Never fear, because we have the three easiest ways to send a document directly to the printer using your Android cell phone telephone!
1. Google Cloud Print
The first (and probably the easiest) way to print a document using your Android cellular device is to utilize the Google Cloud Print feature. This feature comes preloaded with most Android cell phone telephones. If your phone is a little bit older, it may not have the app preloaded onto your device, but not to worry: you can easily download the app from the Play Store if you don’t already have it on your phone.
Once you have the app downloaded, it will be necessary for you to add the appropriate printer to your Cloud Print:
- First, ensure that your printer is already connected to your desktop computer using the same wireless network.
- Next, open the Google Chrome browser. Click the button with three lines to the right of the search bar, and select “Settings” from the drop down menu.
- Once you’ve reached the “Settings” menu, select “Show Advanced Settings.”
- Next, select “Manage” from the Google Cloud Print submenu.
- When the list of Google Cloud Print connected printers appears, it will also include the option to add new printers. Click “Add Printers.”
- All printers that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network will appears as options to add. Once you have selected the desired printer, click “Add New Printer.”
- Note: Ensure that you are adding the printers using the same Google account assigned to your Android cell phone telephone, as this is the only way to ensure it will be synched to your device properly.
Once you have completed these simple steps, you will see the printer listed on both your Android cell phone telephone and on your Google account.
With the printer properly connected using Google Cloud Print, it is a breeze to print documents:
- First, open the document or picture you want to print on your Android cell phone telephone. Tap the button with three dots displayed on the top right of the image and click “Print.”
- The file will now appear in the Google Cloud Print app.
- In the Google Cloud Print app, use the drop down menu at the top to select your desired printer.
- Then tap the print icon, and your document will be sent to the printer.
2. Official Printer Application
Many printer companies also offer a specific app that allows you to connect your Android device directly to printers made by their company over a Wi-Fi connection. If you are trying to avoid connecting a printer via the Google Cloud Print method, this alternative may be the best option for you.
First, you must download the printer company’s app. This should be available by performing a search for the company’s name in the Play Store.
Once you have located and installed the correct app, both your Android device and your printer should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Most of the apps allow you the opportunity to print any type of document, and sometimes offer additional options like printing two pages at once or changing the print size. Download one that works with your printer and start experimenting today!
3. Bluetooth or USB Cable
A more practical way to connect your Android device to your printer might turn out to be using a USB cable or Bluetooth connection. First, you’ll have to determine whether or not both your printer and your Android cell phone telephone both support the same parameter. Unfortunately, Android cell phone telephones do not offer built-in USB cable support, so in order to print using this method you’ll have to download a third-party app from the Play Store.
Once you have downloaded the third-party app, you will have to give the app access to printing services. In order to accomplish this, you will open up your cell phone telephone’s “Settings” menu. Once you have opened this, select “Printing,” which will give your third-party app access to printing capabilities on supporting printers.
Once upon a time, it was impossible to share information contained within a computer without first printing it out. Once you have access to a printer, you could print the data on a piece of paper in order to share it with others. Soon, almost every home had a computer hooked up to a printer.
However, as technology evolved, it became less common for someone to have a printer on hand. Even if you are exceptionally tech savvy and have the newest Android cell phone telephone, you may not be prepared if an instance arrives when you must present a printed document. Luckily, as described above, when you need to print something from your Android cell phone telephone, there are a number of different possibilities available to you. Simply go through the three options above, determine which will be fastest and easiest for you, and you’ll be printing in no time flat. Look out trees, here comes Android printing!