Do you own a Mac and are willing to try out Windows OS on it? Then here in this post, we are going to see one method with which you can install Windows on Mac OS X
with the help of a simple and free program called VirtualBox.If you are one of those who are willing to try out Windows OS but you are unable to because you won a Mac that runs only Mac OS, then this post will help you in fulfilling your wish to install Windows on Mac OS X
, without tampering with your current OS and will allow you to get the feel of Windows OS from Microsoft. You can then even make out, which one is better – Windows or Mac OS?
Things You Will Need To Run Windows on Mac OS X:
There are some things that you must keep ready when you are gearing up for installing Windows on Mac OS X. Here are the 3 things that you will surely need and I don’t have to tell you about it but still these are the things that you are gonna need to start the procedure.
- The main thing you will need is a Macbook or any Mac laptop running Mac OS X.
- You are going to need VirtualBox installed on your machine. (Download it from HERE)
- A Windows 7/8 boot CD/DVD to install the OS.
How to Install Windows on Mac OS X?
There are still many people who might find it difficult to install Windows 7 or Windows 8 on Mac OS but the process is a lot simpler than they think. We are going to tamper with your current OS, Mac OS, we are only going to install Windows in virtual space and use it when needed.
Here is the step-by-step guide to install Windows on Mac OS X. Follow them properly and you won’t find any difficulty or problems.
- First install VirtualBox that you downloaded in your Macbook or laptop.
- Keep the Windows 7/8 CD or DVD ready to be used.
- Once VirtualBox is installed, open the application and then insert the Windows DVD.
- After inserting the DVD, just go to VirtualBox and select “New” and create a new Virtual machine option.
- Select how much RAM you want to use for this OS; select at least 40% for the OS to run smoothly.
- After that, add the name Windows in it.
- Next you need to select New option and then create Virtual hard disk partition where your new OS will be installed.
- Next you will be asked to select the image type, select dynamically expanding image. Leave other things as it is as there is no need select location and size.
- You’re done so just click the Finish button.
- Now you have to click on the “Start” button, then click on the Next button and you will be asked to select the Windows image.
- Just choose the image file and click on Finish.
- The installation process will begin and will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once done, you will now be able to use Windows on Mac OS X easily.
So these were the simple steps that you can use to install Windows 7/8 on your Macbook or laptop running Mac OS X.
Now I don’t think that you will be facing any difficulty in installing Windows operating system on Mac OS. If you still think that it’s not going to work or you are facing any troubles following the steps, just drop a comment below and we’ll try our best to sort it out for you.
We’ll be back with some great tutorials and articles on BigLittleGeek on various topics just like this one of how you can install Windows on Mac OS X. So stay tuned with us for more!